Welcome Guest, please login or register .
Username:
Password:

News: Welcome to the Arctic Alaska Region SCCA Forum!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Topic Tools  
Read
July 27, 2005, 09:23:37 AM

Admin Board
Speed Freak

I was out on base this week and swung by the Used Car Lot and saw the following neat stuff that some of our motorsports enthusiasts may be interested in:

'97 Eagle Talon TSI/FWD, black/black, 5 speed, 103K miles, $8K
351-0642, 440-9703

'02 Subaru RS2.5, 64K miles, silver/black, 5 speed, $12K
743-0386

'03 Subaru Legacy L spec. ed, 19K miles, red/black, auto $16K
929-5283, 351-5334

'01 Nissan Maxima SE, loaded, 5 speed, silver, $14K
622-1696

'67 Chevy PU 4WD, 90K miles, locking hubs, fat tires $4K
(good plow truck or tow vehicle) 677-7239

'93 Chevy Xcab, stepside, Z71, 134K miles, blue/tan $8.5K
(excellent cond.-Florida truck-great price)

Anyway, thought someone may be interested. Usually see some neat stuff out there, plus car and camping trailers and motorhomes, boats, etc. Good prices and owners are usually willing to dicker on price--they gotta sell! Check it out.

Bill Demming
Car #88
Rally, Solo, Club Racing

Read
March 31, 2006, 10:19:38 PM

Licensed Driver

Jacki's ZO6 and its Inspiration

I cruised through the Elmendorf For Sale Car Lot at lunch today, 3-31-06.  My Corvette friends need not worry; I am not leaving the fold.  There is a car for sale that may prove to be a fun car for Solo II, Road Rallies and Rallycross.

MAZDA RX8, I think they want $26K and it was a 2005.  It has low miles and was placed on the lot yesterday, it may not last long! 

Hurry on other there this weekend rice-rocket fans, this could be a hot ride!

Gene #33
BP 1987 Red Roadster
AKA: Of the Jacki & Gene Corvette Team
Pretending to be a C4 Mechanic & ZO6 Maintainer

Read
June 07, 2006, 06:45:46 PM

Drivers Permit

RI Motorsport FTW

No one bought it but becuase it is PCS time there are ALOT of cars for sale. It was jammed packed a week ago and still has alot of vehicles out there. Mostly trucks but a few potential pocket rockets. Including a few vettes and a MSgt in my squadron is selling his late model SVT Cobra. It's fast... maybe a bit too much power for Auto-X but well suited for other tracks.

Read
June 08, 2006, 11:31:46 AM

Speed Freak

Woudl love to find an older Toyota pickup in good condition (body and mechanical) for not much dough. thinking late 80's through.... late 90's Tacoma/pickup/4runner

(yes, I know... "toyota" and "inexpensive" go together like water and oil) Buuuut if one pops up and it isnt as much as a new Audi woudl love to know

Read
June 08, 2006, 09:30:46 PM

Drivers Permit

RI Motorsport FTW

Last I checked... there is an A4 and two late model Tacomas... they are matching trucks.

Read
June 13, 2006, 11:58:52 AM

Speed Freak

cool, ya I am unfortunately looking for the bargain basement lot. LOL,  Like a nice old toyota pickup for penny's on the dollar. ;)  (I.e., something reliable for when the Audi needs a break)

Read
June 13, 2006, 11:55:05 PM

Licensed Driver

Though I don't have an alternative currently for the bargain basement.? This thread brings back memories, there was a time when a Toyota was not expensive.? I paid $1950 for my first Toyota, it was not a pickup though.? It was a 1200cc Corolla, brand new!? That was in 1972.

Currently I am in Adak but expect to be back at Elmendorf late Thursday, 15 Jun 06.? Hope to make it back for the AutoX on 17 June.  Maybe I'll swing by the Lemon Lot, take a look and have something to report.

Gene #33
BP 1987 Red Roadster

Read
July 13, 2006, 05:03:07 PM

Admin Board
Speed Racer

With touristas in town, I just went by the lemon lot this afternoon while touring EAFB - was most disappointed to find a trailer with concession-window at nice low height - just what the region wanted - that had just been sold (guy was hooking it up)! It was exactly what the Region was looking for on the "outside" - I didn't stick around to look in the back. All with good siding and over 20' for $4500--this would have? been a good deal for the Region.

So, before the grousing of, "i didn't know"--if anyone is perusing the lemon lot (or any other location 'bout town) and sees a trailer with the concession-window on the side (which would be used for registration/timing at events and storage/hauling of equipment to/from events)--please advise on the forum or call one of the SCCA BODs.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 09:18:23 PM by rallygoddess » Logged

AAR Founder
Motor Sport Enthusiast

Read
November 19, 2006, 09:09:54 AM

Licensed Driver

With touristas in town, I just went by the lemon lot this afternoon while touring EAFB - was most disappointed to find a trailer with concession-window at nice low height - just what the region wanted - that had just been sold (guy was hooking it up)! It was exactly what the Region was looking for on the "outside" - I didn't stick around to look in the back. All with good siding and over 20' for $4500--this would have  been a good deal for the Region.

So, before the grousing of, "i didn't know"--if anyone is perusing the lemon lot (or any other location 'bout town) and sees a trailer with the concession-window on the side (which would be used for registration/timing at events and storage/hauling of equipment to/from events)--please advise on the forum or call one of the SCCA BODs.

What length and width of trailer would be good? I assume it needs to be tall enough for Kenny, Jim and/or I (the taller part of the "Jacki and Gene Corvette Team").  Do we want one with tandam wheels or a single wheel on each side?

Someone with a circular saw and some skill could cut and with hardware, moldings, and latches from an RV supply place could convert a standard equipment trailer into a Trailer with a Concession Window.  Yesterday I noticed 2 or 3 trailers currently on the Elmendorf AFB Lemon Lot, but they don't have "concession windows." however, they have potential.

We have that work on EAFB (including me) and we can keep an eye on the lot.

Also, for those who need a 4 door "Sports" Car, currently there is an 2003 EVO with a lot of extra boost and pluses on the lot for $25K OBO.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 09:13:11 AM by Jacki&GeneZ16 » Logged

Gene #33
BP 1987 Red Roadster

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to:  

Theme Made by Inbetwee